Femara is a brand name for breast cancer treatment for women. It goes by the generic name letrozole.
How Femara Medication Works
Letrozole works in post menopausal women by reducing their levels of estrogen. The lowered levels have a domino effect on the prevalence of breast cancer and related tumors that usually depend on the growth of estrogen in the body.
Most of the women who take this prescription have previously used tamoxifen for a period of about 5 years.
Where to Buy Femara Medication
Your local pharmacy stocks Femara medication in plenty. You can buy whenever you need it. For convenience and cheap prices, check out online drug stores who readily offer Femara medication on cheap, discounted prices. Order Femara online for massive discounts on bulk purchases thus you’re likely to make a bargain.
These pharmacies are not required by law to pay taxes and can deliver goods for free. There’s always a 24 hour customer service with physicians and emergency medics on hold to serve clients.
Dosage and Storage
Always take your dose of Femara medication just one every day. Be keen to read, understand and follow all instructions on the prescription package and labels.
Its okay to take Femara before or after a meal though in should be taken in the precise amounts as recommended by the doctor.
In most cases, the usual dosage is 2.5 mg per day.
Emergency medical attention maybe required in case of an overdose. Do not double your dose to compensate for a missed dose. The best way forward for a missed dose is to take once you remember as long as it’s not yet time for the next dose.
On storage, keep this medication in its packaged material under room temperature. Avoid direct heat and moisture.
Precautions in Using Femara Medication
- Observe the following precautions when dealing with Femara medication;
- Femara medication is meant for women who have completely undergone menopause
- This medication is unfit for pregnant women as it can harm the fetus or cause birth effects
- Never take Femara if you’re allergic to letrozole and other ingredients in the drug
- Letrozole passes through body fluids hence you should wear gloves when nursing patients under this medication
- Do not drive, operate machinery or make abrupt movements while under this drug.
- Take regular blood tests to test the progress and effectiveness of Femara medication on your body
Always inform your doctor of a history or prevalence of any of the following conditions:
- High cholesterol
- Liver cirrhosis and related conditions
- If you take medicine with tamoxifen
- If you become pregnant or are breastfeeding a baby
Side Effects of Femara Medication
Any sign of allergic reactions to letrozole such as swelling in the throat, tongue and face necessitates immediate medical attention.
However, you may experience common side effects such as;
- Persistent sweating
- Headaches and migraines
- Hot flashes of heat or warmth in the face and chest
- Fluid retention evidenced by sudden weight gain and swelling
- Feeling weak, dizzy and tired