Premarin contains conjugated oestrogen that replaces the natural oestrogen in the body. Premarin is a form of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and is administered on women of menopausal age who do not produce adequate hormonal levels. The main purpose of Premarin medication is to treat the unpleasant symptoms that come with menopause. Premarin is sold in topical and normal form and is manufactured by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals; acquired by the Pfizer group in 2009.
Conditions Treated by Premarin
This medication is mainly used by women who are experiencing menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, chills and excessive heat. Other conditions treated by this drug include:
- Vaginal dryness
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Vaginal atrophy
The following factors impact the recommended dosage for this drug:
- Body weight
- Past history
- Medical conditions
You can order Premarin online in tablet form, vaginal cream or intravenous injection solutions. The oval-shaped tablets are color coded for different strengths i.e. green 0.3mg, blue 0.45mg, maroon 0.625mg, white 0.9mg and yellow 1.25mg.
- There are different ways of taking the tablets such as daily or a cycle of 25 days a month followed by a five-day break.
- The recommended daily dose for the vaginal cream is 1g or 2g daily and should be administered using an applicator.
- The standard dose of intravenous solution is 25mg per day.
Dosage is very important when it comes to Premarin because it is a hormonal drug. If a patient misses a dose, it is advised to take the missed dose and soon as they remember. Patients are advised not to take two doses at the same time, just skip the missed dose if it’s time for the next dose.
Patients are advised not to change the dosage information. An overdose should be reported immediately. Signs of an overdose are:
- Vaginal bleeding
Some commonly reported mild side effects of this drug are:
- Abdominal cramps
- Fluid retention
The presence of the following side effects should be reported to the doctor immediately:
- Breast pain
- Vaginal bleeding
- Sudden shortness of breath and dizziness
- Jaundice like symptoms
- Vision change
- Weight gain
This medication has harsh reactions with exemest and anastrozole and they should never be used together. Also, anti-diabetic medications such as insulin, corticosteroids and blood pressure lowering agents are affected by Premarin. Always consult with your doctor on how to manage and eliminate any negative drug interactions.
Where to Order Premarin
- You should always order Premarin Online because it is an assured way of getting cheap and high quality medication.
- It is also easy to buy Premarin online; once you place your order, you will be given instructions on how to submit your prescription.
- You will find all the relevant information and chat with an online pharmacist from your home every time you order Premarin online.