Prinivil is used for the treatment of congestive heart failure in adults, or for the improval of survival after suffering a heart attack. You can order Prinivil online for the treatment of hypertension, or high blood pressure in adults and children over the age of 6. Prinivil (lisinopril) is an ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor.
Before you order your Prinival online, take note of the following vital information;
- Should you have diabetes, do not take Prinivil alongside any other medication that contains aliskiren (such as Tekamlo, Tekturna, Amturnide).
- You should not take Prinivil should you have hereditary angioedema.
- Do not take Prinivil should you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby. Stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor right away should you fall pregnant.
To make sure Prinivil is safe for you, inform your physician should you have:
- high levels of potassium in your blood
- liver disease
- kidney disease (or should you are on dialysis)
Before you take Prinival
- Should you are being treated for hypertension, keep using this medication even when feeling well.
- Should you require surgery, inform the surgeon ahead of time that you are taking Prinivil.
- Call your doctor should you have ongoing diarrhea or vomiting, or are sweating more than usual. You can easily become dehydrated while taking this medicine.
- Your blood pressure will need to be checked often, and you may need frequent blood tests.
- It is not known whether lisinopril passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while taking lisinopril
- Should you be diabetic, you should not take Prinivil alongside any other medication which contains any aliskiren
- You shouldn’t use Prinivil should you are allergic to lisinopril or to any other ACE inhibitor, such as ramipril, quinapril, perindopril, moexipril, trandolapril, enalapril, fosinopril, or benazepril captopril
How to take Prinivil Medication
Prinivil can be taken without food or with food, drink plenty of water each day while you are taking this medicine.
What to avoid when you are using Prinivil
- Do not take potassium supplements or salt substitutes while you take Prinivil
- Do not become dehydrated or overheated while exercising, or not drinking plenty of water. Prinivil may lessen sweat making you highly prone to heat stroke.
- Drinking alcohol can further decrease your blood pressure, increasing certain side effects of Prinivil.
Side Effects of Prinivil
Seek medical help immediately should you have signs of an allergic reaction:
- swelling of the throat, tongue, lips, or face
- difficulty in breathing
- severe pain of the stomach
Commonplace Prinivil side effects may include:
- chest pain
Inform your physician at once should you experience:
- liver problems
- kidney problems
- high potassium
- fever, sore throat
- little to no urination
- a light-headed feeling
Are there other drugs which may affect Prinivil?
Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any you start or stop taking, especially:
- a diuretic pill, also known as a water pill
- gold injections for the treatment of arthritis
- oral diabetes or insulin medicine
- potassium supplements
- medicine for the prevention of organ transplant rejection
- NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)