Sanofi is the French pharmaceutical company which is one of the leaders on the world pharmaceutical market. According to data of 2014, Sanofi company takes 4th place on the sales results in the world and 2nd place in Europe.
Sanofi pharmaceutical company was established in 200 after merging two companies – Sanofi-Synthelabo and Aventis.
Sanofi actively takes part in the study and development of the modern medical products. The company mainly produces prescription drugs, and a small part of the entire sale volume of the drugs belongs to the over-the-counter drugs.
Sanofi company mainly produces drugs for the treatment of:
- Cardiovascular diseases (Plavix, Lovenox, Aprovel, Avapro),
- Central nervous system (Ambien, Zolfresh),
- Pancreatic diabetes (Afrezza)
- Oncologic diseases (Xatral, Jevtana, Clomid, )
- Infectious diseases (amoklavin, Claforan, Menactra)
A broad choice of the medical product is possible due to the several affiliate companies which have certain purposes and tasks. The group of Sanofi companies includes:
- Genzyme – a development of the innovative biotechnical medical products
- Chattem – a production of the over-the-counter drugs
- Merial – a development of the medical production for animals
- Zentiva – Generic production
- Sanofi Pasteur – vaccine production
Sanofi Pasteur is considered the largest manufacturer of vaccines in the world. According to this characteristic, the company is beyond European companies, as well as the companies of the USA and Asia.
Sanofi produces vaccines for cholera, diphtheria, whooping cough, tuberculosis, typhoid, hepatitis A and hepatitis B, influenza, rabies, measles, yellow fever, and many other infectious diseases.
The vaccine production is possible due to the active research paper of the affiliate companies and the head office.